Definition of ideograph in English:
Another term for ideogram.
- Then ten years of school for learning the first thousand Chinese kanji ideographs, with thousands more to go.
- Later to create more words, symbols were added to pictographs to form ideographs.
- In Afrikan Alphabets, the author introduces a number of ideographs, pictographs and scripts devised and designed by Africans to express and represent a voice sound, a word, or an idea.
- Example sentences
- Their system was an integrated technology of stylus, clay, and cuneiform that was at first pictographic and became in due course ideographic and syllabographic.
- Object-naming tasks employ pictures, and kanji characters are ideographic and sometimes pictorial in nature.
- The sad truth is that even chimpanzees and rats can learn to read simple ideographic language.
Definition of ideograph in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan