- Relating to the study or discovery of particular scientific facts and processes, as distinct from general laws. Often contrasted with nomothetic.More example sentences
- In this sense, history is an idiographic temporal process involving individuals.
- Existentialism, in its broadest terms, is both idiographic and nomothetic - it is about personal will and humanity.
- They argue that as a tool of understanding rather than explanation, activity theory is supported primarily by means of idiographic, qualitative, and/or case studies.
More definitions of idiographicDefinition of idiographic in:
- The US English dictionary