Definition of idiotic in English:
Very stupid: I was able to hum its idiotic theme tune
More example sentences
- God, everyone still has the ability to make me feel guilty and make me feel like this whole stupid, idiotic thing is all my fault!
- It was not just any sub, but it was Mr. Roberts, the stupidest and most idiotic of all substitutes.
- Enemies running the range from thoughtful to downright idiotic.
stupid, silly, foolish, half-witted, witless, brainless, mindless, thoughtless, imprudent, incautious, irresponsible, injudicious, indiscreet, unwise, unintelligent, unreasonable;
ill-advised, ill-considered, impolitic, rash, reckless, foolhardy;
absurd, senseless, pointless, nonsensical, inane, fatuous, ridiculous, laughable, risible, derisible
informal dumb, dim, dim-witted, dopey, gormless, damfool, half-baked, hare-brained, crackbrained, pea-brained, wooden-headed, thickheaded, nutty, mad, crazy, dotty, batty, dippy, cuckoo, screwy, wacky
Scottish & Northern English informal glaikit
West Indian informal dotish
- Example sentences
- They're both grinning, almost idiotically.
- People from every grade were there, either cheering them on idiotically, or yelling at the seniors to stop immediately, claiming that they would get a teacher.
- It's like when I idiotically put two or three parentheticals inside each other rather than doing the normal thing and writing out separate sentences!
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan