- 1Relating to or practising idolatry; idol-worshipping: idolatrous religions
- 1.1Showing extreme admiration or reverence for something: America’s idolatrous worship of the autoMore example sentences
- This fascination brings him to the IBM factory in Poughkeepsie, where he is struck above all by the spooky, almost idolatrous worship of the company's president, Thomas Watson Jr.
- Will Herberg argued that American civil religion essentially was idolatrous worship of itself, merely propagating an ethnocentric American way of life around the world.
- So long as business is held to have a commercial interest in behaving morally and responsibly by putting more ‘feminine’ titles on sale, the market will continue to be the subject of idolatrous worship.