Like an idyll; extremely happy, peaceful, or picturesque: an attractive hotel in an idyllic setting
More example sentences
- Some say a horrible monster cast its ominous shadow over the peaceful and idyllic valley.
- The unhappiness of others somehow besmirches their own idyllic picture.
- After long travelling, foul weather and false starts, the picture before us is not nearly so idyllic or clear cut.
perfect, ideal, idealized, wonderful, blissful, halcyon, happy;
heavenly, paradisal, utopian, Elysian;
peaceful, picturesque, pastoral, rural, rustic, bucolic, unspoilt
literary Arcadian, sylvan
- Example sentences
- The hall, now a hotel, is idyllically located on an island which is accessible only by a narrow, iron footbridge.
- The initiation week was idyllically fun and adventurous but frustratingly empty, because most of the people I looked up to either left the college or got segregated to different classes.
- If one were doing a screenplay, it should not (MGM-style) show young Cathy and young Heathcliff idyllically united.
Words that rhyme with idyllicacrylic, bibliophilic, Cyrillic, dactylic, exilic, imbecilic
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.