Like an idyll; extremely happy, peaceful, or picturesque: an attractive hotel in an idyllic setting
More example sentences
- Some say a horrible monster cast its ominous shadow over the peaceful and idyllic valley.
- The unhappiness of others somehow besmirches their own idyllic picture.
- After long travelling, foul weather and false starts, the picture before us is not nearly so idyllic or clear cut.
perfect, ideal, idealized, wonderful, blissful, halcyon, happy;
heavenly, paradisal, utopian, Elysian;
peaceful, picturesque, pastoral, rural, rustic, bucolic, unspoilt
literary Arcadian, sylvan
- Example sentences
- The hall, now a hotel, is idyllically located on an island which is accessible only by a narrow, iron footbridge.
- The initiation week was idyllically fun and adventurous but frustratingly empty, because most of the people I looked up to either left the college or got segregated to different classes.
- If one were doing a screenplay, it should not (MGM-style) show young Cathy and young Heathcliff idyllically united.
Words that rhyme with idyllicacrylic, bibliophilic, Cyrillic, dactylic, exilic, imbecilic
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: idyl¦lic
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.