conjunctionLogic & Mathematics
- If and only if.More example sentences
- Let the letter ‘M’ represent this operator, and add to the axioms of classical propositional logic the modal axiom M (p v q) iff Mp v Mq.
- The truth conditions for negation are: A is true iff A is not true.
- Let us say that I could have rendered a proposition false in the weak sense iff I was able to do something such that, if I did it, the proposition would have been falsified (though not necessarily by my act, or by any event caused by my act).
1950s: arbitrary extension of if.
More definitions of iffDefinition of iff in:
- The US English dictionary