- The meal eaten by Muslims after sunset during Ramadan.More example sentences
- After the award ceremony and Iftar (a typical Ramadan meal), the celebration continued with music and dancing.
- Ramadan is followed by Iftar, a sumptuous banquet where friends and family gather to celebrate the break of fast.
- As the time for the evening Iftar - the breaking of the Ramadan fast - drew closer, the squatters became more desperate.
Ottoman Turkish ifṭār, from Arabic ifṭar 'break a fast'.
More definitions of iftarDefinition of iftar in:
- The US English dictionary