- The art of Japanese flower arrangement, with formal display according to strict rules.More example sentences
- I feel this ‘trouble’ makes my research no less interesting than futsu research into ikebana (flower arrangement) and the ie (household).
- This interplay of mu and ma are central to the transcendental approach identified by Schrader, and reinforces the traditional Japanese ethos where, like the Japanese art of ikebana, space is central to meaning.
- Practitioners of ikebana (flower arranging) and chanoyu (tea ceremony) have for centuries created an enormous demand and appreciation for ceramics.
Japanese, literally 'living flowers', from ikeru 'keep alive' + hana 'flower'.
More definitions of ikebanaDefinition of ikebana in:
- The US English dictionary