noun[mass noun] Medicine
- Inflammation of the ileum.More example sentences
- A woman patient of ours had had multiple operations on her bowel for ileitis and colitis induced by radiation.
- Advances in molecular techniques have by and large established the aetiology of regional ileitis (Crohn's disease) due to M. paratiibercnlosis, a species closely related to M. avium.
- The ileitis in this disease is acute and subacute.
More definitions of ileitisDefinition of ileitis in:
- The US English dictionary