- Relating to the ilium or the nearby regions of the lower body: the iliac arteryMore example sentences
- Aneurysms of the infrarenal abdominal aorta and iliac arteries coexist to such a degree that they may be considered a single clinical entity.
- At this level the bifurcation of the abdominal aorta into common iliac arteries has almost been completed.
- This dilation may extend into the iliac arteries or above the renal vessels.
early 16th century: from late Latin iliacus, from ilia 'entrails'.
More definitions of iliacDefinition of iliac in:
- The US English dictionary