(also iliacus muscle)
- A triangular muscle which passes from the pelvis through the groin on either side and, together with the psoas, flexes the hip.More example sentences
- The femoral nerve may run buried in a cleft of the iliacus under the psoas.
- Accessory fasciculi may unite the pectineus with the obturator externus, the iliacus, the capsule of the hip, or the lesser trochanter.
- The psoas lies deep in the abdomen; the iliacus lies to the side of the psoas on the inner surface of the ilium, the side bone of the hip.
early 17th century: from late Latin.
More definitions of iliacusDefinition of iliacus in:
- The US English dictionary