- People who are not well educated or well informed about a particular subject or sphere of activity: a discussion that made few concessions to the scientific illiterati a member of the computer illiteratiMore example sentences
- If we hear one more member of the economic illiterati call for an "industrial policy," we'll scream.
- The difference between the twitterati and the internet illiterati comes down to much more than broadband speed.
- Despite the protestations of the market illiterati of the Left, government rationing of health care services is right around the corner.
late 18th century: from Latin illitterati, plural of illiteratus.
More definitions of illiteratiDefinition of illiterati in:
- The US English dictionary