Lacking sense or clear, sound reasoning: an illogical fear of the supernatural
More example sentences
- You don't give me advice about my rubbish and ultimately illogical sense of humour, so I should just leave you alone.
- Stupid, illogical things that seemed a good idea at the time, but you just can't explain to the judge afterwards.
- A man must not seek to compel his son to love him for it may be impossible for a thousand illogical impulses.
incorrect, erroneous, wrong, invalid, spurious, faulty, flawed, fallacious, unscientific, inconsistent, unproved;
absurd, preposterous, untenable, implausible, impossible, beyond belief, beyond the bounds of possibility;
senseless, meaningless, nonsensical, insane, ridiculous, idiotic, stupid, foolish, silly, inane, imbecilic
British informal daft, barmy
noun (plural illogicalities)
- Example sentences
- The illogicalities of her train of thought were set off by my own routine.
- It's more about the illogicality of suffering and how inexplicable that is and how we fight against it in all our lives, whether it's cancer or whatever.
- There is a striking illogicality if you share our desire to see Scotland's economy grow but become very uneasy to learn that a Scottish company is doing exceptionally well.
- Example sentences
- They don't want to criticize a big corporation for manipulating the political process, so they quite illogically place all the blame on Davis.
- The centre is certainly not a dominating feature of the lives of residents of Kew Riverside but it does rather stand out as being illogically located.
- But I find that their panacea to all the country's problems revolves around increased public spending and, illogically, reduced taxation, all brought about by cost savings.
Words that rhyme with illogicalalogical, logical
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.