Definition of illumine in English:
1 [with object] literary Light up; brighten: he moved her lamp so that her face was illumined
More example sentences
- Its pathway is illumined by the reflected light from the rose window - shards of blue, scarlet, pale gold that shimmer.
- From my peripheral vision, through the glass windshield, a vast spread of city lights illumining the black night sky over us for miles came into view.
- Everywhere is pure, light illumines the ten directions, and the ten thousand dharmas [things] are one as is.
2Enlighten (someone) spiritually or intellectually.
- God continually illumines us, both dwelling upon us and dwelling among us.
- He was surrounded by people who had many powerful ideas and who illumined him to the point where they could wind him up and then he could do his special stuff.
- He lives, illumining us with the eternal life that he is.
Words that rhyme with illuminecatechumen, lumen
Definition of illumine in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan