- 1Serving as an example or explanation: this timetable is provided for illustrative purposes onlyMore example sentences
- Both examples are illustrative of the problems which arise because organizations, including banks, must of their nature act through human agents.
- They're seen as too important to ditch - and that's illustrative of the way universities view their students.
- And the process is illustrative of how organized they are, what kind of things they value, how careful they are.
- 2Relating to pictorial illustration: the illustrative artsMore example sentences
- His photographs are an illustrative depiction of the scene specifically shot for particular assignments.
- These paintings of the 18th Century portray the richness and exuberance of illustrative art in those times.
- Loans of photographs and other illustrative items are being sought to accompany the displays of Silsden's old industries.
- More example sentences
- Therefore, Woolf is engagingly and illustratively gesticulatory.
- But illustratively, if we look at motor vehicle accidents, something like about 5% of the claims that go through motor vehicle injury schemes account for something like about 50% of the total cost of those schemes.
- As Lock recognizes, ‘Thoth's book uses the inscribed image illustratively rather than deterministically.’