- A device used to make a brighter version of an image on a photoelectric screen.More example sentences
- On the other hand, an image intensifier or electron-multiplying CCD would not assist in overcoming shot noise but only in overcoming readout noise, which we did not consider in our noise estimates.
- An image intensifier, which is often bonded fiber-optically to the photosensitive CCD of the system, amplifies incident photons and allows detection of low-light signals.
- A long, thin guide wire with a smooth rounded tip is first inserted and then guided, under X-ray control using a fluorescent screen or a TV image intensifier, into the vessel to be examined.
More definitions of image intensifierDefinition of image intensifier in:
- The US English dictionary