Definition of imaginal in English:
1Relating to an image: imaginal education methods
More example sentences
- Our imagination is socially shaped; we get our repertoire of images from the society's imaginal world, though we also contribute to that world in turn.
- These include cognitive, emotive, imaginal, and behavioural methods.
- Every perception enters an imaginal file, buds in arrest until swayed by a life-shifting rain or the blight of the news of an unknown person's death.
2 Entomology Relating to an adult insect or imago.
- It was necessary to include these last two stages before the imaginal molt because development of alates was not completely synchronized; these nymphs and alates were present from April - mid August, when nuptial flights begin.
- Late instars were isolated into same sex groups prior to the imaginal molt to ensure virginity.
- In lepidopterans, extirpation of imaginal wing discs in the final instar delays pupation in order for the larva to regenerate lost tissue.
Definition of imaginal in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan