Too large, extensive, or extreme to measure: immeasurable suffering
More example sentences
- The rest of those twenty feet took eons to traverse, and it was immeasurable suffering.
- The war was over, but the cost to ordinary people in human suffering was immeasurable.
- He also showed that it is not immeasurable: we can give a precise mathematical measure to how big it is.
incalculable, inestimable, innumerable, unfathomable, fathomless, indeterminable, measureless, untold;
limitless, boundless, unbounded, unlimited, illimitable, infinite, cosmic, endless, never-ending, interminable, inexhaustible, bottomless;
vast, immense, great, abundant
informal no end of
- Example sentences
- For the basic ideas characteristic of our ordinary intuitive conception of the infinite - endlessness, unlimitedness, unsurveyability, immeasurability - more properly apply to the entire hierarchy than to anything in it.
- So, in place of the claim of the immeasurability of the affective dimensions of labour, one could point to a growing imperative to get the calculations right.
- It means the sublimity of God, the immeasurability of God's wisdom and the fathomless complexity of God's creative Spirit.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.