Extremely large or great, especially in scale or degree: the cost of restoration has been immense a factor of immense importance
More example sentences
- Those trade union leaders should be calling action like Thursday's on an immense scale.
- All I see is a flash of blue scales, then an immense, burning pain on my right cheek.
- His learning was as vast as was his obstinacy immense in the matter of accepting change.
huge, vast, massive, enormous, gigantic, colossal, cosmic, great, very large, very big, extensive, expansive, monumental, towering, mountainous, tremendous, prodigious, substantial;
informal mega, monster, whopping, whopping great, thumping, thumping great, humongous, jumbo, hulking
- More example sentences
- It gives a fun sense of scope and immensity to the virtual space.
- First, I was struck by the immensity of the area that was affected by the attack.
- It is very easy for the immensity of the complex emotional drama in the Iliad to be lost in sweeping camera movements and computer-generated battles.