Definition of immiseration in English:
Economic impoverishment: rapid modernization had an impact on the level of urban immiseration
More example sentences
- He predicted the growing immiseration and impoverishment of the working class in capitalist societies.
- Similar, if less sanguine, interpretations can be constructed around globalization, environmental agendas, and economic immiseration in the South.
- Firstly, the bulk of the population, which has long been suffering from neo-liberal policies and increasing immiseration, is now open to real social and economic alternatives.
1940s: translating German Verelendung.
- Example sentences
- Perhaps it's also a sly reference to the level of insanity required to embark on such a quixotic venture, one notorious for hobbling, immiserating and occasionally impoverishing even the proudest, toughest egos Hollywood has to offer.
- This a-historical machine will exploit and immiserate people on our behalf and exonerate us in the process.
- It is a human catastrophe that continues to immiserate and impoverish millions of people.
Definition of immiseration in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia