- Not conforming to accepted standards of morality: unseemly and immoral behaviourMore example sentences
unethical, bad, morally wrong, wrongful, wicked, evil, unprincipled, unscrupulous, dishonourable, dishonest, unconscionable, iniquitous, disreputable, fraudulent, corrupt, depraved, vile, villainous, nefarious, base, unfair, underhand, devious; sinful, impure, unchaste, unvirtuous, shameless, degenerate, debauched, abandoned, dissolute, reprobate, perverted, indecent, lewd, licentious, wanton, bawdy, lustful, promiscuous, whorish• informal shady, low-downBritish • informal dodgy, crooked, not cricket• archaic miscreant
- Still, is it unethical or immoral to bring an extinct species back from the dead?
- Considered by most to be depraved and immoral, you are obsessed with sex.
- Sometimes we have to take the law into our own hands to expose the bases' illegal and immoral activities.
- More example sentences
- Some define it using the term ‘murder,’ which generally means kill immorally or illegally; others define it using the term ‘kill,’ which doesn't carry that meaning.
- Most of us think of ourselves as moral people who try to do our best with our small failing (for a cigarette, or a beer), but few of us ever ponder to think that we may be prompting business to act immorally and unethically, if not illegally.
- I think the council have acted totally negligently and immorally throughout this whole upset.
The words immoral and amoral are different in meaning: see amoral (usage).