- 1The ability to live forever; eternal life: eating the fruit gave the gods immortalityMore example sentences
- No one can write a book aspiring to immortality, for it would then court both ridicule and certain mortality.
- The leaden poems have won him immortality as the world's worst poet and now he is to be cast in bronze.
- A less driven woman might have been content with such generous helpings of immortality, but she was not that placid woman.
- 1.1The quality of deserving to be remembered for a long time; timelessness: occasionally a guide book has achieved immortalityMore example sentences
- The powerlessness of kindness, of senseless kindness, is the secret of its immortality.
- Chapman believed his actions would help him achieve immortality.
- Thus, Robert Browning becomes the hero of the romance of immortality.