noun[mass noun] Biochemistry
- A technique for analysing or identifying proteins in a mixture, involving separation by electrophoresis followed by staining with antibodies.More example sentences
- Fraction purities were assessed by a combination of Coomassie staining and immunoblotting of electrophoretically separated proteins.
- Cells were harvested and protein extracts were prepared for immunoprecipitation and immunoblotting with the indicated antibodies.
- Extraction of total soluble protein from tobacco leaves and immunoblotting using the above antibody was carried out according to standard protocols.
More definitions of immunoblottingDefinition of immunoblotting in:
- The US English dictionary