Definition of immunocompetent in English:
Having a normal immune response.
- Routine revaccination of immunocompetent persons previously vaccinated with 23-valent polysaccharide vaccine is not recommended.
- When infected, 99% of immunocompetent patients are asymptomatic after low inoculum exposure.
- The fungus is capable of causing disseminated infection in immunocompetent hosts and is endemic to distinct geographic regions.
- Example sentences
- Only a concentration at or above this one can be regarded as an indicator of immunological priming or immunocompetence.
- Strong evidence suggests that dietary supplementation with arginine enhances immunocompetence in adults in humans and in animal models.
- These diets contain specific combinations of nutrients that enhance immunocompetence, maintain intestinal integrity, and modify the response to stress.
Definition of immunocompetent in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan