Definition of immunofluorescence in English:
noun[mass noun] Biochemistry
A technique for determining the location of an antigen (or antibody) in tissues by reaction with an antibody (or antigen) labelled with a fluorescent dye.
- Paired sera were tested using immunofluorescence or enzyme immunoassay methods to establish the serologic diagnosis.
- The resulting immunofluorescence images indicated antibody binding to the membrane through an increase in the intensity of the vesicle border upon the addition of the labeled antibody.
- This is consistent with the uniformly distributed receptors found with immunofluorescence labeling.
- Example sentences
- Untreated cells from the AF and TZ showed a cortical localization of actin as visualized by immunofluorescent labeling.
- The team used polymerase chain reaction technology and an immunofluorescent antibody test to identify the virus, and the scientists suspect that the disease originated from animals.
- Until recently, visualization of cytoskeletal filaments was mainly limited to immunofluorescent staining of fixed cells or fluorescent analog cytochemistry for living cells.
Definition of immunofluorescence in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan