Definition of immunosuppressive in English:
(Chiefly of drugs) partially or completely suppressing the immune response of an individual.
- Medical treatment includes the administration of immunosuppressive therapy and the discontinuation of any previous corticosteroid treatment.
- This is the main immunosuppressive agent used in cardiac transplantation.
- Such transfers of fully formed organs might require immunosuppressive drugs to make them compatible.
nounBack to top
An immunosuppressive drug.
- In addition, fungi grow in the human body as a secondary effect of medications such as antibiotics and immunosuppressives.
- Mitoxentrone, a potent immunosuppressive, has been used with success but is not FDA-approved for this indication.
- All patients continued their prior adjunctive therapy of corticosteroids and immunosuppressives.
Definition of immunosuppressive in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan