A plant of a genus that includes busy Lizzie and its many hybrids.
- Genus Impatiens, family Balsaminaceae
More example sentences
- Plant impatiens with begonias, coleus, ferns, fuchsias, hydrangeas, and lobelias.
- Warm-season annuals such as marigolds, impatiens and zinnias are adapted to bloom even during the hottest weather.
- Eat on the splendid terrace under the branches of plane, chestnut, maple, and acacia trees; the low stone walls are dressed with impatiens and hydrangeas (and the peonies were blooming in March).
Definition of impatiens in:
- The US English dictionary