Definition of imperforate in English:
1Not perforated, in particular:
- It further subdivides extraxial plates into two types, perforate and imperforate.
- Totally imperforate, the wall is clad in grey granite into which are incised examples of all the world's written communications from runes to barcodes, renaissance scripts to Braille.
- The building is enclosed by imperforate walls, a favourite device of Moneo's that reinterprets the traditional form of the Spanish alcazar.
1.1 Anatomy & Zoology Lacking the normal opening: unicellular spores of these parasites have an imperforate wall
More example sentences
- In typical Level 3 geometries, the shell was tightly coiled, with an imperforate umbilicus.
- The most common associated conditions include Hirschsprung's disease and imperforate anus.
- In the former, they are embedded within perforate extraxial skeleton, whereas in the latter, they separate imperforate from perforate extraxial regions.
Words that rhyme with imperforateperforate
Definition of imperforate in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan