- Relating to, supporting, or practising imperialism: an imperialist regimeMore example sentences
- They in no way challenge the capitalist and imperialist character of the European Union itself.
- Today, a new era of imperialist violence and colonialism has begun.
- This has been accompanied by a turn to imperialist war and neo-colonialism.
nounBack to top
- A person who supports or practises imperialism.More example sentences
- It was only a matter of time before the imperialists and the junta struck.
- Empire builders supreme, capitalists extraordinaire, imperialists par excellence, these are the criteria by which they govern.
- Are advocates of human rights necessarily cultural imperialists?
More definitions of imperialistDefinition of imperialist in:
- The US English dictionary