verb[with object] (usually as adjective imperialized)
- Subject to imperial rule or influence: people of an imperialized cultureMore example sentences
- ‘They have imperialised our subconscious,’ says a character.
- He journeys into a past it has been convenient for imperializing Europe to deny.
- However, contacts with continental Europe, and areas that had been imperialised closer to home, meant that native rulers could take on aspects of centralisation if they wanted to.
More definitions of imperializeDefinition of imperialize in:
- The US English dictionary