Not allowing fluid to pass through: an impermeable membrane
More example sentences
- Because this layer should permit passage of fluid, impermeable dressings are not recommended.
- This will render the topo impermeable, yet still allow you to write notes on it with a ballpoint pen.
- This may involve professional help, as your roof has to be strong enough to support the mat of plants, and it will also require an impermeable membrane underneath.
- More example sentences
- Because the photodamaged lysosomes still maintained the impermeability to sucrose, both the normal and photodamaged lysosomes suffered the same degree of osmotic stress in the hypotonic sucrose medium.
- Pedestrian access and routes have also been improved; this was an important consideration, given the site's impermeability (enmeshed by motorways and slip roads) and that many staff will arrive on foot.
- He contrasts this with the impermeability of the anti-absorptive text, which produces ‘artifice, boredom, exaggeration, attention scattering, distraction, digression’.