Definition of implement in English:
- Others were gardening, armed with clippers and other sharp implements.
- The violence can be all too real with hammers, bombs and household implements being used to exact revenge.
- Today, artists can use various implements to cut the blocks of wood.
- The final part of the plan was never fully implemented primarily due to the speed of the Russian advance.
- The evidence based policies implemented by several governments in the West have not been widely introduced here.
- Such communities have suffered through the policies implemented by this government.
- implementer noun
- Example sentences
- We are all certain that implementers will encounter such issues, so the request for assistance is valid.
- Because there are no technical changes requested to the document, implementers can get ready to deploy.
- The basic features of the logic implementer include generality of applications, easy-to-use environment, and robust, reliable interconnections
Late Middle English (in the sense 'article of furniture, equipment, or dress'): partly from medieval Latin implementa (plural), partly from late Latin implementum 'filling up, fulfilment', both from Latin implere 'fill up' (later 'employ'), from in- 'in' + Latin plere 'fill'. The verb dates from the early 18th century.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.