- Evoking admiration through size, quality, or skill; grand, imposing, or awesome: an impressive view of the mountains impressive achievements in scienceMore example sentences
magnificent, majestic, imposing, splendid, spectacular, grand, august, awe-inspiring, stirring, stunning, breathtaking; stately, monumental, palatial, noble, dignifiedaccomplished, expert, skilled, skilful, masterly, consummate; excellent, formidable, outstanding, first-class, first-rate, fineNorth American • informal crackerjack
- What makes her achievement all the more impressive is that she is something of a late starter.
- It is far more impressive when others discover your good qualities without your help.
- His achievement is all the more impressive given the in limitations of the chosen media.
- More example sentences
- All are well written, impressively detailed, and documented with photographic and other evidence.
- However, the prices were still impressively cheap and the food relatively good.
- Even more impressively, he got it approximately two hours after I'd posted the puzzle.