- 1A fund used by a business for small items of expenditure and restored to a fixed amount periodically: [as modifier]: this petty cash is kept on the imprest systemMore example sentences
- This statement outlines procedures for establishing and maintaining a departmental imprest checking account.
- These guidelines apply to expenditures of cash imprest, cash advance or your own cash to be reimbursed.
- The report should show that the amount of imprest cash authorized and the total cash on hand equal zero.
mid 16th century: from the earlier phrase in prest 'as a loan', influenced by Italian or medieval Latin imprestare 'lend'.
More definitions of imprestDefinition of imprest in:
- The US English dictionary