- Not showing due respect for another person; impertinent: he could have strangled this impudent upstartMore example sentences
impertinent, insolent, cheeky, audacious, brazen, shameless, immodest, pert; presumptuous, forward, disrespectful, insubordinate, irreverent, flippant, bumptious, brash, bold, bold as brass; rude, impolite, ill-mannered, bad-mannered, unmannerly, discourteous, insulting, ill-bredNorth American • informal sassy, nervy
- True, it was innovative and his talent unquestionable; but still there was a feeling among many that such a fresh and impudent style may be better employed elsewhere.
- I glared at her, not caring if she thought me rude or impudent.
- Sundarar, on the other hand, is impudent, and addresses the Lord with pert familiarity.
- More example sentences
- That was before composer Kurt Weill came along and impudently chose to ignore those traditional boundaries.
- You're a terrible actress,’ Tristan folded his arms and grinned impudently at her.
- He looked up, feeling my gaze, and grinned impudently.
late Middle English (in the sense 'immodest, indelicate'): from Latin impudent-, from in- 'not' + pudent- 'ashamed, modest' (from pudere 'be ashamed').