- 1Involving rapid inward and outward movement: smuggling drugs was a quick in-and-out operationMore example sentences
- The two-storey hospital wing, which houses its own operating theatre with no beds but eight trolleys, is already dealing with up to 16 patients a day on a rapid no overnight stay in-and-out regime.
- Just a little while ago I had a chance to speak with the top U.S. Army commander who is in charge of all of these in-and-out movements from the country.
- Market timing occurs when traders make rapid in-and-out trades in unit trusts to take advantage of pricing inefficiencies.
- 2Inconsistent and unreliable: this horse is a notoriously in-and-out performerMore example sentences
- However, he is an in-and-out performer and an unlikely winner.
- It was injuries upon injuries - which led to inconsistency, infighting and, finally, too much in-and-out play.
More definitions of in-and-outDefinition of in-and-out in:
- The US English dictionary