- 1Present at a function or a place: some 200 were in attendance at the fourteenth reunionMore example sentences
- Santa Claus was as usual in attendance with plenty of presents for the large number of children.
- There was a big crowd in attendance including present, past and future pupils of the school.
- An ambulance service and clinic, with doctor and nurse in attendance, are available.
- 2Accompanying a member of royalty or other important person as an assistant or servant: Her Royal Highness travelled in an aircraft of The Queen’s Flight, with Viscountess Campden in attendanceMore example sentences
- The earl of Sussex was in attendance on the queen during her progress in September and October 1574.
- He is in attendance at important ceremonial occasions such as Trooping the Colour or the State Opening of Parliament.
- The Earl of Derby was in attendance upon Her Majesty.
More definitions of in attendanceDefinition of in attendance in:
- The US English dictionary