- 1Operating, especially in commerce: they will have to import from overseas to remain in businessMore example sentences
- He said he would have remained in business if trade had continued to grow at the rate it was before the roadworks.
- She fails to ask whether drugs companies would remain in business if they had no patents.
- Those who cannot keep their customers happy do not deserve to remain in business.
- 1.1 • informal Able to begin operations: if you’ll contact the right people, I should think we’re in businessMore example sentences
- Instantly on arrival at Balmoor an hour before kick-off there was evidence that this cup tie was in business.
- Another 15 minutes of piped music, and now we're in business.
- When you buy a PhaseOne Package we will give you a wide format printer, now you're in business!
More definitions of in businessDefinition of in business in:
- The US English dictionary