- Over or after a long period of time; eventually: it saves money in the long runMore example sentences
- The project will both use a renewable source of power as well as save the university money in the long run.
- As well as improving performance, the new units would also save money in the long run.
- Although bosses admit the changes will cause teething problems they say it will work well in the long run.
More definitions of in the long runDefinition of in the long run in:
- The US English dictionary