Definition of in trim in English:
1Slim and fit: she keeps herself in trim with visits to the health club
More example sentences
- Shepherd, older brother of former European super-featherweight title contender Charles, keeps in trim by running every day on the sands close to his Silloth home.
- There was a graduated scale of different exercises, designed to keep the muscles in trim, as well as giving the heart a little exercise as well.
- Mark cycles in his spare time, but has been using gym and static indoor cycling - or spinning - machines to keep him in trim during wet weather.
1.1 Nautical In good order.
- In any case of tuberculosis, provide proper fuel, keep the furnace in trim, remove the clinkers.
- And behind the pristine greens are the people who keep it all in trim - the unsung heroes of the fairways
- The Ballymoon concern were impressive when beating Van-Elle of Westmeath a month ago and the Burnside brigade have kept in trim since by availing of Duffy Rovers indoor facilities.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan