Definition of in trim in English:
1Slim and fit: she keeps herself in trim with visits to the health club
More example sentences
- Shepherd, older brother of former European super-featherweight title contender Charles, keeps in trim by running every day on the sands close to his Silloth home.
- There was a graduated scale of different exercises, designed to keep the muscles in trim, as well as giving the heart a little exercise as well.
- Mark cycles in his spare time, but has been using gym and static indoor cycling - or spinning - machines to keep him in trim during wet weather.
1.1 Nautical In good order.
- In any case of tuberculosis, provide proper fuel, keep the furnace in trim, remove the clinkers.
- And behind the pristine greens are the people who keep it all in trim - the unsung heroes of the fairways
- The Ballymoon concern were impressive when beating Van-Elle of Westmeath a month ago and the Burnside brigade have kept in trim since by availing of Duffy Rovers indoor facilities.