- 1Lack of attention; distraction: a moment of inattention which could have cost livesMore example sentences
lack of concentration, distraction, inattentiveness, preoccupation, absent-mindedness, daydreaming, dreaminess, reverie, wool-gathering, abstraction, staring into space, obliviousness; brown studynegligence, neglect, neglectfulness, disregard, slackness, remissness, laxness; forgetfulness, carelessness, thoughtlessness, heedlessness; indifference, unconcern, inconsideration• rare oscitation
- And many catastrophes follow from a moment of inattention.
- At work I've been making a few errors due to inattention.
- The most common fault, after inattention, is for drivers to follow too closely.
- 1.1Failure to attend to one’s responsibilities; negligence: his inattention to dutyMore example sentences
- The executive areas of the brain, which are responsible for your, oftentimes, inattention to detail.
- Your suggestion to come upstairs saved me from having to bark at the lad for his inattention.
- He ran swiftly about from object to object, rapidly lecturing their inattention.