Definition of inaudible in English:
Unable to be heard: inaudible pulses of high-frequency sound
More example sentences
- And each time I left the little rooms I would hear another almost inaudible sigh of relief from behind me.
- I had to lean close to his face to hear the almost inaudible reply.
- Other mammals can hear frequencies that are inaudible to humans, both lower and higher.
- Example sentences
- The Spanish health minister was heckled into inaudibility at the conference's opening ceremony, but that protest took place in a cavernous sports arena and lasted only 10 minutes.
- ‘Free me… ‘the words were whispered, quiet almost to the point of inaudibility.’
- Too many poets, reading aloud, ignore their own linebreaks or chew consonants like gristle or drop into inaudibility at the ends of lines.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan