1Sexual relations between people classed as being too closely related to marry each other.
- We also show incest avoidance between closely related kin, as well as the influence of other factors on paternity in males.
- The theme of incest and sexual abuse is, unfortunately, a common one throughout the book.
- There are also scenes of fighting, murder, incest, oral sex and cross-dressing.
1.1The crime of having sexual intercourse with a parent, child, sibling, or grandchild.
- Sexual crimes include all forms of adultery, incest, and forbidden intercourse with a Jewish woman.
- At the moment, incest covers not simply sexual intercourse but any form of sexual connection.
- As a result, rape in the home, with the exception of incest, is almost never punished.
Middle English: from Latin incestus, incestum 'unchastity, incest', from in- 'not' + castus 'chaste'.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: in¦cest
Definition of incest in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.