Definition of incest in English:
1Sexual relations between people classed as being too closely related to marry each other.
- We also show incest avoidance between closely related kin, as well as the influence of other factors on paternity in males.
- The theme of incest and sexual abuse is, unfortunately, a common one throughout the book.
- There are also scenes of fighting, murder, incest, oral sex and cross-dressing.
1.1The crime of having sexual intercourse with a parent, child, sibling, or grandchild.
- Sexual crimes include all forms of adultery, incest, and forbidden intercourse with a Jewish woman.
- At the moment, incest covers not simply sexual intercourse but any form of sexual connection.
- As a result, rape in the home, with the exception of incest, is almost never punished.
Middle English: from Latin incestus, incestum 'unchastity, incest', from in- 'not' + castus 'chaste'.
Words that rhyme with incestpalimpsest • unprocessed
Definition of incest in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan