noun[mass noun] Genetics
- The ability of an individual organism to pass on its genes to the next generation, taking into account the shared genes passed on by the organism’s close relatives.More example sentences
- An individual's inclusive fitness depends not only on his own reproductive output but also on that of his helped relatives.
- The theory of inclusive fitness can account for the evolution of selflessness as an adaptive strategy.
- Put another way, genetically altruistic behaviors reduce an individual's inclusive fitness.
More definitions of inclusive fitnessDefinition of inclusive fitness in:
- The US English dictionary