Definition of inclusivism in English:
The practice of trying to incorporate diverse or unreconciled elements into a single system.
- Effectively, Rome has cast herself adrift from historic orthodoxy by setting her traditional teachings in the wider context of religious inclusivism and the universality of the experience of the Divine.
- He doesn't find much help in most current theological ‘models’: exclusivism (only my religion is true), inclusivism (your religion may be true, but mine is truer) and pluralism (we're all equally true).
- All they want to hear is that the arts are efficiently run, good for the economy and subservient to current dogmas of inclusivism and education.
inclusivist noun& adjective
- Example sentences
- Certainly the inclusivist language of cultural pluralism was swiftly replaced by rhetoric stressing national homogeneity.
- We are all aware of the three responses to religious pluralism that are typically lifted up: exclusivist, inclusivist, and pluralist.
- In no way can this be seen as an inclusivist tendency.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan