- Inability to do something successfully; ineptitude: allegations of professional incompetenceMore example sentences
ineptitude, ineptness, inability, lack of ability, incapability, incapacity, lack of skill, lack of proficiency, amateurishness, inexpertness, clumsiness, ineffectiveness, inadequacy, deficiency, inefficiency, ineffectuality, ineffectualness, insufficiency
- The impression given is one of slovenliness, incompetence and inability to govern at the highest level.
- Sometimes it was impossible to tell where bad luck stopped and incompetence or inexperience kicked in.
- There are so many examples of the utter incompetence of people who are supposed to be serving you in some way.
- More example sentences
- Aside from the violence the decision does to the rule of law, it has consigned at least one more generation of minorities to hard labor under the stigma of perceived incompetency.
- In other words, if you want to do business with us, you are not allowed to make fair comment on our incompetency.
- The fact that our new manager didn't tell him about this rather important security feature is just one more in a quickly growing list of her incompetencies.