Definition of incompletion in English:
1 [mass noun] The state of lacking something or of having failed to complete something: humans with their profound sense of incompletion
More example sentences
- This sense of incompletion, of unfinishedness, can keep us open to possibility, a way of thinking represented in Mason & Dixon by the imagined world inside the earth.
- The first big effect is a sense of striving, a sense that combines hope with a feeling of incompletion.
- Adam the second, in contrast, emerges in his selfhood not through self-expansion, but through a sense of incompletion and retraction.
2 American Football A forward pass which is not caught.
- On Oakland's final four snaps - three incompletions and a catch for no gain - there was just straight coverage.
- Favre threw three straight incompletions after having been frustrated for much of the second half with a total of 21 rushing yards and the Vikings' defenders draped all over Driver.
- When you consider three of Manning's incompletions were blatant throwaways, he had an outstanding night.
Definition of incompletion in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan