1 [mass noun] The state of lacking something or of having failed to complete something: humans with their profound sense of incompletion
More example sentences
- This sense of incompletion, of unfinishedness, can keep us open to possibility, a way of thinking represented in Mason & Dixon by the imagined world inside the earth.
- The first big effect is a sense of striving, a sense that combines hope with a feeling of incompletion.
- Adam the second, in contrast, emerges in his selfhood not through self-expansion, but through a sense of incompletion and retraction.
2 American Football A forward pass which is not caught.
- On Oakland's final four snaps - three incompletions and a catch for no gain - there was just straight coverage.
- Favre threw three straight incompletions after having been frustrated for much of the second half with a total of 21 rushing yards and the Vikings' defenders draped all over Driver.
- When you consider three of Manning's incompletions were blatant throwaways, he had an outstanding night.
Definition of incompletion in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.