Definition of incompressible in English:
Not able to be compressed.
- I do understand that and, as I say, we are trying to compress the incompressible.
- Additionally, intelligent data compression will automatically detect data that is not compressible and turn off compression for such incompressible data files.
- Hydrostats are characterized by a central volume of pressurized incompressible fluid surrounded by a membrane in tension; all amniote intromittent organs include a central space surrounded by a tensile membrane.
- Example sentences
- This topological change is a consequence of the in-plane incompressibility of the lipids, and alters the total Gaussian curvature of the system.
- Osmotically induced volume changes result in vesicle shape changes because of the relative incompressibility of the membrane bilayer.
- Owing to the incompressibility of the fluid, variation in the longitudinal flow must be accompanied by lateral motion of the basilar membrane.
Definition of incompressible in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia