Definition of incrementalism in English:
Belief in or advocacy of change by degrees; gradualism.
- The signature aspect of the current president is his belief that incrementalism is bunk.
- There is no acceptance of the need for incrementalism that all of politics is based upon.
- So to the citizens of Vancouver; good luck in your endeavour and kudos for daring to think big in an age of incrementalism.
incrementalist noun& adjective
- Example sentences
- Adaptives are process-oriented and promote incrementalist approaches; Idealists are principle-oriented and demand breakthroughs.
- We are incrementalists, but in this case the incrementalism is moving in the wrong direction.
- I'm definitely an incrementalist, and if that entails being hypocritical and shifting principles to a certain extent, so be it.
Definition of incrementalism in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia