Definition of incrementalism in English:
Belief in or advocacy of change by degrees; gradualism.
- The signature aspect of the current president is his belief that incrementalism is bunk.
- There is no acceptance of the need for incrementalism that all of politics is based upon.
- So to the citizens of Vancouver; good luck in your endeavour and kudos for daring to think big in an age of incrementalism.
- 1incrementalist noun& adjective
- Example sentences
- Adaptives are process-oriented and promote incrementalist approaches; Idealists are principle-oriented and demand breakthroughs.
- We are incrementalists, but in this case the incrementalism is moving in the wrong direction.
- I'm definitely an incrementalist, and if that entails being hypocritical and shifting principles to a certain extent, so be it.
Definition of incrementalism in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.