Belief in or advocacy of change by degrees; gradualism.
More example sentences
- The signature aspect of the current president is his belief that incrementalism is bunk.
- There is no acceptance of the need for incrementalism that all of politics is based upon.
- So to the citizens of Vancouver; good luck in your endeavour and kudos for daring to think big in an age of incrementalism.
- More example sentences
- Adaptives are process-oriented and promote incrementalist approaches; Idealists are principle-oriented and demand breakthroughs.
- We are incrementalists, but in this case the incrementalism is moving in the wrong direction.
- I'm definitely an incrementalist, and if that entails being hypocritical and shifting principles to a certain extent, so be it.
Definition of incrementalism in:
- The US English dictionary