- Childhood is the right time to inculcate the trait of kindness and how better can one do it than by example?
- The poet uses his imaginative freedom to doubt the presence of the spirit of Ahalya in this particular stone that inculcates the feminine charm of the sculpture.
- But the meritocratic system that produced Laura and me not only produced outsized expectations; it inculcated a belief that we deserved wonderful jobs and a comfortable lifestyle.
- He is here when we unlearn the violence and greed we are inculcated with as Americans, and practice peacemaking and reconciliation.
- They inculcated us with the values of accomplishment and decency.
- Spoiled was my mother's resolution of the dilemma of raising a child in an environment free from prejudice, yet inculcating him with a resistance to odd and alluring temptations.
- Example sentences
- Education meant the inculcation of truths as dogmas, the institutionalization of habits of obedience, the subjection of the individual to the community.
- Moral education, the inculcation of values, cannot be left solely to the study of popular songs or even the wider popular culture of films and television.
- Understood in the broad sense, military indoctrination is a collective concept, which includes the entire range of methods and ways of training and inculcation of moral and psychological qualities in the personnel.
- Example sentences
- Teachers and elders as inculcators, on the one hand and law enforcers, which include the police, on the other, together share this responsibility.
- Mothers were seen as particularly well-suited to be inculcators of moral values and patriotic values.
- While the various institutions within the political, economic, and other spheres are important, the family is the primary inculcator of the moral culture in a society.
Mid 16th century: from Latin inculcat- 'pressed in', from the verb inculcare, from in- 'into' + calcare 'to tread' (from calx, calc- 'heel').
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: in|cul|cate
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.